Sensible and Ethical Sourcing Policy
At Boston Bijoux it is our goal to continually work closely with our materials, gems and parts vendors and suppliers in order to ensure production in the most ethical way possible.
Gold and other precious metals should be mined and refined in a sustainable and responsible manner that respects both the needs of humanity and our environment. Only specific, branded gold bars or grain are acceptable in our production operations and up to 98% of raw materials used in production are recycled internally. We require that our vendors maintain policies and procedures, which mandate social and environmental responsibility for both themselves and their suppliers.
Our vendors and suppliers acquire their diamonds from sources that buy directly mined in Canada, South Africa, Russia and Botswana. We are committed to selling diamonds ethically and with integrity. It is completely unacceptable to tolerate conflict diamonds and human suffering in any way and we fully support the Kimberly Process. All our diamonds comply with the Kimberly Process. The Kimberly Process ensures that the rough diamonds are:
- Exported and Imported with a government validated Kimberly Process certificate stating the diamonds are conflict-free
- Transported between signatory countries in a sealed and tamper-proof container
- Sold with a statement from the vendor on all invoices guaranteeing that the diamonds being sold are conflict-free
All of Boston Bijoux suppliers have provided written verification stating their compliance with the US Patriot Act.
Boston Bijoux is proud to be a part of the following organizations and supports their goal of upholding the integrity of our industry:
- American Gem Society (AGS)
- American Gem Trade Association (AGTA)
- Gemological Institute of America (GIA)
- Jewelers Board of Trade (JBT)
- Jewelers of America (JA)
- Manufacturing Jewelers and Suppliers of America (MJSA)
- Platinum Guild International (PGI)